- Case Management: Keep all case notes and client documents in one customizable location.
- Time Tracking: Works in the background to track time for all billable activity.
- Billing: Generate completely configurable invoices.
- Rules-Based Calendaring: Calendar system which schedules all dates based upon all relevant rules.
- Form Generation: Pre-populated and customizable forms generate from your database.
- Mobile App: Emails, phone calls, and more are accessible everywhere via mobile device. Also tracks unexpected billable time on the go.
AbacusNext is a cloud-based solution that provides a comprehensive law practice management software called AbacusLaw, which is constantly updated by the Abacus legal team. Using this technology as a service (TaaS) solution means that the law firm’s data is kept securely on a virtual server space in the cloud. The data is available from anywhere, 24/7, and displays well on any mobile device. To access the information, attorneys need to have a good Internet connection and then log on to the system.
Abacus data centers use military-grade 256-bit AES data encryption and they have SOC1/SOC2/SOC3/SSAE16 Certifications that include HIPAA compliance for medical records, which is a critical need for personal injury attorneys.
Suitable for these Law Firms
ABacusNext is designed to be a comprehensive solution for almost any type of legal practice. Additionally, the company offers optional packages that are pre-configured for specialty areas of law. These are called Practice Area Legal Solutions (“PALS”). PALS are available for civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, estate planning, bankruptcy, business law, criminal prosecution, contract law, criminal defense, ERISA law, family law, immigration, worker’s compensation, personal injury, real estate law, and employment law.
AbacusNext fully integrates with Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Timeslips, Fonality, Nextiva, and Abacus Payment Exchange.
- Comprehensive law practice management software that can be customized for specific practice areas.
- Number-1 rated solution by the Capterra review website.
- Constantly upgraded automatically.
- Slowness may be frustrating. Needs a high-speed Internet connection to work well.
- Users must pay extra for additional services.
- Price increases occur at anytime for services and users must pay for additional data storage needs.
About the Company
The AbacusNext cloud services and AbacusLaw software is offered by Abacus Data Systems with its headquarters in San Diego, California. The company started in 1983 and now supports 1.5 million users. It has data centers in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.