- Matter Management: Manage all case details from the Clio dashboard.
- Time Tracking: Keep all billable activities in order and logged for easy billing.
- Trust Accounting: Manage client funds in trust accounts.
- Legal Billing: Create and approve bills. Provides the option to send an e-bill through the client portal.
- Client Payments: Clio Payments allows for processing of credit card payments from clients.
- Legal Accounting: Manage trust workflows and billing. Integration between Clio and QuickBooks Online keeps all accounting data up to date.
- Document Management: Store all legal documents in an editable, searchable database. Accessible from anywhere.
- Legal Research: Integrates with Fastcase, placing a law library within your reach.
- Calendar: Provides deadline alerts. Allows you to organize activity in a calendar that is accessible from mobile devices.
- Lead Tracking: Track client leads and advertising efforts.
- Mobile Apps: Allows secure access from mobile devices.
Clio Security Evaluation
Suitable for these Law Firms
Clio was originally designed to be used by solo practitioners and small law firms. Now, it expanded through a cloud-based offering to be used by law firms of all sizes.
Clio can be used by law firms that specialize in these areas of law:
- Administrative Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Law
- Elder Law
- Employment/Labor Law
- Family Law
- Government Law
- Immigration Law
- In-house Counsel
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Wills, Trust, and Probate Law
Clio fully integrates with 120 applications that include popular online services such as Gmail, Microsoft Office365, Lexicata, Google Apps, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Xero, Quickbooks, Box, Dropbox, Net documents, Diligen, Birdeye, Podium, Client Chat Live, logicull, Broadly, DocumentConnex, LawDroid Voice, deal closer, LAWCLERK, Proclaim, War Room, ClientSHerpa, Legalbox, Docketman, Time Miner, myFirmData, Mass Document Automation, Export: Backup My Docs, Blackline Compare, Lawmatics, and many more.
- Complimentary data migrations from other systems with free tech support during the process.
- Customer service is good.
- Integration with other apps is excellent.
- Accounting for expenses is a bit cumbersome.
- Billing functions could be improved.
- Trust account management is not sufficient.
About the Company
In 2008, Clio was founded by Jack Newton and Rian Gauvreau. For the first employee hired during 2009, Clio now has 250 full-time employees in total. Employees are found scattered across the world in Ireland, Canada, and America. Clio has offices in Dublin, Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver.