- Matter Management: Provides a configurable dashboard. Easy access to all the files, documents, and contacts you need.
- Legal Time and Billing: Track billable time, operate trust accounts, deliver reports, and issue invoices.
- Westlaw Compatibility: Leverages Westlaw technology. Firm Central works with legal research platforms and conducts integrated global searches.
- Legal Calendaring: Provides management over rules-based legal deadlines. Track all appointments. Two-way compatibility with Outlook.
- Mobile Access: Access all case and client files and matters. Input billable time from anywhere.
- Security: Keep your firm’s files safe and secure with cloud security standards.
Encryption is used for data transfer and when data is stored on servers. The encryption used is military-grade 256-bit over SSL. The data center is SOC 2 certified. The data center is also certified for ISO 9001 quality standards and ISO 27001 information security standards. The data center has only U.S. based servers that are owned by Thomson Reuters. Backups are performed nightly. Firm Central follows the confidentiality and trust rules defined by the American Institute of CPAs.
Suitable for these Law Firms
This solution is best for litigation firms that need to do a lot of legal research and prefer to have the researched integrated with case management.
Products ordered from Thomson Reuters become bundled together. When adding new staff, the entire bundle of products is extended under the long-term contract.
- Integration of legal research.
- Does everything needed by most law firms.
- Very useful for firms that do litigation.
- Plenty of negative reviews.
- Users are forced into expensive, long-term contracts.
- Difficult to use and more difficult to customize.
About the Company
Firm Central comes from Thomson Reuters that is a huge global firm that is over 100 years old. It provides news and professional information-based tools.