- One-Stop-Shop: Provides all the tools to run your entire practice in one place. Includes document automation, batch document scanning, email, and more.
- Fool-Proof Organization: Spend less time searching for misplaced files. All documents, items, and correspondence stay organized.
- Fully-Integrated Email: Send and keep track of case emails without leaving the software.
- Customizable Billing: Provides customization on billing rates. Segment for specific users, user roles, client, and more.
- Scalable: Allows branch office options, administrative permission settings, and firm-wide, or individual calendaring. Your software scales to what you need.
Connections made to the MerusCase system use SSL secure encryption that is military-grade 256-bit. Sensitive data in the database that is stored on the servers is also encrypted. There is a selection of the sensitive data that is encrypted. Not all of the stored data is encrypted, only the sensitive portions. This may be problematic for some firms. It is actually better for security if all of the data that is stored is encrypted rather than only the selection of sensitive data from certain database fields.
Suitable for these Law Firms
MerusCase is a strong enough solution for enterprise legal firms and large legal departments of major organizations. It also works well for solo practitioners and for small firms.
MerusCase is a cloud-based solution that is HIPAA compliant and can be used by any law firm, such as a personal injury practice that works with a client’s confidential health history and medical records.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Customer service is helpful.
- Billing platform is robust.
- Not intuitive, needs training to use.
- Does not have an iPhone app.
- Reports are somewhat limited.
About the Company
MerusCase was founded in 2008 by Johnny Fuery. The company’s headquarters is in Oakland, California.