- The first pay option is $39 per user, per month (billed annually)
- The second is $49 per user, per month (billed monthly).
- Law Practice Management: Organize contacts, calendars, billing, client communication, cases, and documents.
- Legal Document Management: There are no storage limitations. You can upload all your firm’s legal documents. Extensive and easy-to-use document system with foldering features.
- Document Assembly: Skip manual tasks and merge client and matter data. Produce more documents daily tailored to your need.
- Legal Calendaring: Calendars, reminders, and events provided for you and your entire staff. Calendaring system integrates with third party calendars like Google and Outlook. Offers two-way syncing features.
- Workflow: The workflow automation feature helps avoid creating the same set of tasks. Allows you to create automated workflows based on what type of case you are working. General templates or automated templates for each case depending on the law firm’s needs.
- Metrics and Reports: Get real-time insight into firm-wide and individual billing. Track firm’s progress, payment history, trust ledgers, and more with one-click reporting.
- Law Firm Security: Provides bank-grade security for your law firm’s documents.
- Law Firm Websites: Have MyCase set up a professional website. One-time fee of $995, and $50 per month afterward.
128-bit SSL encryption is used for the transmission of data online. Data that is stored on the servers is encrypted with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption. Every night the data is backed up automatically to Amazon S3 backup servers. The backup data is checked to make sure that there is solid data integrity for the backup.
IT security systems protect the data found on the Amazon EC2 cloud servers. The servers are also guarded by physical security systems. Amazon data centers are located in nondescript places. They are protected by military-grade perimeters. Physical access is controlled by two-factor authentication to eliminate unauthorized entries. Security staff that is on hand for a 24-hour basis. These security team members escort any authorized workers that come into the data center to their appropriate work areas, where the workers remain under constant video surveillance.
Suitable for these Law Firms
MyCase is specifically designed for solo practitioners and small law firms.
MyCase offers a free trial that does not require a credit card to register for a new account.
- Good value for the price.
- Client communication is enhanced.
- Automatic calendar reminders are helpful.
- Email integration is cumbersome and requires lots of manual input to match emails with case files.
- Best for small firms. Not a good solution for larger firms.
- Does not handle contingency billing well.