Most Popular Social Media Sites in the United States 2018
Discover how social media management impacts your business. This will play a central role when using social channels. This can grow your reach and influence-based conversions (leads, phone calls, e-commerce sales).
What Is Social Media Management?
Social media management is a dedicated role in your organization. It is also an outsourced role by a social media management agency. They will manage your online presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest. Social media management should be a part of your marketing plan.
New social media sites are being created all the time, but those are the sites with the most traffic. Especially when it comes to B2C communications. Take a look at the number of social network users in the United States:
Social media management, as a practice, goes beyond posting updates to the sites you like to use. It should also engage your target audience. Seek out new opportunities to get more reach and visibility for products or services. We chose some of the largest social media sites and broke down the tasks to manage social media on each site below.
How To Decide The Best Social Media Sites To Focus On?
- Facebook – Facebook today has over 2 billion monthly active users. They also come from many diverse backgrounds. There’s a healthy balance of key demographics when it comes to Facebook’s active user base. This makes it a great social platform for small businesses who want to reach the widest possible audience through social media.
- Instagram – Instagram, owned by Facebook, is a great social media channel for brands that focus on providing lots of visual content. Instagram’s primary audience is younger, with more female users than male users. Instagram is best for businesses that sell products and services related to fashion, lifestyle, art, and other visual-focused industries.
- Twitter – Twitter has over 335 million active users around the world. It tends to be where users go to discover the latest news and trends. This social media network works best for brands who want to join a global conversation about the trending topics in their industry. It’s also one of the best resources to make new connections. Twitter is one of the best places to share content with influencers and other users who might find your brand’s unique approach valuable.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the primary social media platform used by B2B brands. Companies often target businesses across many different industries on this platform. With LinkedIn, you can locate, interact with, and share content with professionals. You can search by company type, industry, or even job title.
- YouTube – YouTube, which is now owned by Google, is the standard for video content. YouTube has now become the second most-used search engine in the world, behind only Google. On this platform, you can upload your original video content to a company profile. This will help draw engagement and allow you to connect with your audience. Since YouTube offers unlimited video hosting, you can post as much unique content as you can create and share it with the world.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a fast-rising social media platform for sharing visual content. This platform has grown to become an addiction for some consumers who are passionate about DIY projects. This includes crafts, home improvement, nutrition, fitness, fashion, and other topics of interest. If your B2C brand is selling a product or service that promotes using imagery, Pinterest may be the best for your company. Many of its active users are willing to buy something while using this channel.
How To Manage Your Company’s Social Media Strategy
How to decide what to write about with social media and content marketing?
Answerthepublic.com is a fantastic resource to figure out what topics to write about. Start with a list of the top questions your potential clients and current clients. Then, focus on writing answers to each of these questions.
Establish A Consistent Social Media Posting Schedule
How To Create and Upload New Content To Social Media Profiles
How To Respond To Your Social Media Fans Or Followers
Engaging With Users And Other Businesses On Top Social Media Sites
Creating Advertising Campaigns On Top Social Media Sites
Creating Contests And Giveaways Through Social Media
Tracking Your Brand’s Social Media Performance Over Time
What Makes Social Media Management So Important?
Do I need to Hire A Social Media Management Agency To Succeed?
How much does social media management agency cost?
Our typical monthly client costs range from $500 a month up to $5,000 a month. This depends on how many posts are being made, how many graphics are being created, how many articles are being written, and how many social media channels you use. Take a look at our social media pricing page.
Digital Logic is a Shreveport based company that works with both local and national businesses.
See our full suite of digital marketing services.