What Is A Social Media Campaign?
How Do Social Media Campaigns Work?
- Social. Being social and making a presence online means sharing valuable content. Respond to any comments and messages you receive. Like others’ posts, host a digital event, or anything that will increase interactions in your target market.
- Content. Sharing quality content across your social media marketing channel is very important. It’s something you may want to consider developing yourself. Create images and videos, white papers, press releases, blog posts or infographics. You can grab the attention of your target market and make the most of your ad campaign budget.
- Advertising. Most social media networks offer a range of paid advertising tools that can help drive traffic right to your website. Some of the most common examples are Facebook Ads, Twitter’s Promoted Tweets, and Pinterest’s Promoted Pins.
- Analytics. Measuring your data is key when making improvements. Social media platforms offer plenty of valuable data when running paid campaigns. But you’ll also want to setup and track how your visitors interact with your website, too!
How To Set Social Media Campaign Goals:
A successful social media campaign should focus on a particular business goal. Whether it’s increasing your following on Facebook, or driving sales through Instagram.
Practical goals for a successful social media campaign might include:
- Getting direct feedback from your target audience
- Generate FB page messages
- Building an email marketing list of engaged consumers
- Improving brand engagement across social media networks
- Increasing website traffic and brand recognition
- Driving sales directly through your campaign advertisements
To get the best results, goals for social media campaigns must be specific and measurable.
Before the launch of your social media campaign, be sure to measure a baseline of your traffic and your targeted metrics. In doing so, you’ll be able to track any changes in performance throughout the duration of the campaign and thereafter.
It’s important to note that different audiences will have different preferences depending on which social media platforms you use. You’ll want to make sure to pick the best platform suited to reach your target audience.
Best Practices For Social Media Campaigns:
- Create a call to action. It’s important to directly ask users to interact with your social media posts. Invite your visitors to take a survey or a poll, provide a review, enter a contest, or to join your mailing list.
- Incentives are important. Make sure to give your audience a good reason to provide their contact details. Offer them a coupon, prize, discount, or some exclusive content in exchange for their time and personal information.
- When choosing a prize, make sure that it’s relevant. If your small business sells “gadgets,” then don’t offer a free “widget” for your giveaway promotion. This will confuse customers and cause you to miss an effective branding opportunity!
- Respond quickly while running a social media campaign. Online customers will appreciate a fast response, so make sure to answer any questions or address any critiques as fast as possible. This can go a long way to reinforce your brand’s reputation for high customer satisfaction. Have a willingness to incorporate valuable customer feedback.
- Cross-promote to other social media networks. Even if your social media campaign focuses on reaching followers from one platform, it’s helpful to see how effective your campaign will be with users on another social network.
- Make it about your brand! Since you’re operating the campaign on a limited budget, make sure to incorporate your organization’s branding and voice on any headers or landing pages you use. This helps to ensure you get the most impact from your social media campaign.
- Review campaign data often. It’s important to track the performance or your social media campaigns. That way, you can make adjustments to the strategy quickly, if necessary.