Digital Marketing for HVAC Companies
Regardless if the economy is booming or in a recession, HVAC companies seem to do well, as long as they have a strong brand presence. For this reason, especially in these uncertain times, owning or managing an HVAC business is proving to be a positive business move for many.
How to Create a Digital HVAC Marketing Plan to Grow Qualified HVAC Leads and Increase Booked Jobs
The needs of the common homeowner are rapidly changing, so heating and cooling companies must adapt their marketing strategies in order to meet their demands. The ones who accomplish this will be the ones that are able to generate more phone calls, acquire more HVAC leads, and book more jobs.
In today’s digital marketing era, your HVAC marketing strategy needs to target homeowners throughout their customer journeys-starting at the moment that they begin searching on Google for HVAC companies until after their HVAC needs have been met, once the job is complete.
Running an HVAC business is a full time responsibility, and creating inclusive HVAC marketing strategies that actually help grow your business is also a full time responsibility. Digital Logic is a full service HVAC digital marketing agency that helps HVAC contractors using proven HVAC marketing ideas to grow both local and national level business.
Modern HVAC Consumer’s Search Habits
Ten years ago, businesses could solely rely on word of mouth recommendations, customer reviews, to fill the schedule with jobs. Home service companies would provide services to families for generations. Unfortunately, those days are gone.
Now, modern homeowners and local customers use Google to find an HVAC company online. In fact, 97% of consumers learn more about a local company online than anywhere else, and 55% of home service consumers search local businesses before scheduling an appointment.
So, if your HVAC marketing strategy doesn’t include successfully positioning your HVAC company’s website on the first page of Google’s search results, then your company will lose calls, HVAC leads, and eventually, sales to the competition.
HVAC Marketing Services
HVAC Advertising Campaigns
HVAC Advertising with Google Ads
Having a solid, paid HVAC advertising strategy is one of the best ways to get a steady stream of jobs for your business. With Google Ads, you can build super targeted HVAC ads to target specific audiences for specific HVAC services.
Your HVAC advertising strategy should focus on attracting qualified leads from the local customers who are searching for the services that your HVAC company offers. Your HVAC marketing budget won’t stretch too far if you’re spending it on clicks from customers halfway around the country. Instead, your HVAC company should employ geotargeting or geofencing strategies to limit your HVAC marketing budget to only show to those within your current service area.
Using a pay-per-click advertising system, such as Google Ads, allows you to tailor a specific message based on your preferences and target your ads based on specific variables, such as keywords, audience demographics, and geographic location.
Google Ads offers a host of benefits for a range of HVAC marketing strategies. HVAC contractors can use Google Ads to drive more sales and gain a better marketing ROI, over time.
Benefits of Google PPC Ads
A few of the benefits that Google PPC Ads offer HVAC businesses include:
- Cost-efficient and high ROI. As opposed to traditional HVAC ads, with PPC advertising, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. So, if you’ve set up your ad campaigns up correctly, everyone who clicks should be a qualified lead.
- Level playing field. Google Ads offers something for small HVAC contractors that other forms of marketing simply cannot. If you partner with a professional HVAC PPC ads agency, you have the opportunity to outrank even the largest HVAC companies out there.
- Targeted ads. Many business owners don’t mind investing in services that are guaranteed to bring in more leads. Well, with Google Ads, this is a proven HVAC marketing strategy. You deliver specialized messages to targeted customers, only to specific geographic areas that you serve. This means that you only allocate you budget to reach customers that are likely to convert. Using Google Ads, you also have access to excellent data and analytics. The problem is that most business owners don’t know how to accurately read this information, much less know how to use it to their benefit.
- Ad extensions. Along with everything else we’ve mentioned, you can also utilize snippets, called Ad Extensions, when advertising on Google. These are here to help increase your HVAC ad visibility-reaching more potential customers and generating more leads for your HVAC business. With ad extensions, you’re able to insert your phone number, location, and/or specific messaging for each ad group. Using these factors gives more control over what your ads say, as well as to whom the message is said.
Google Local Service Ads
The best HVAC marketing strategies include a strong focus on getting the company in front of the most qualified local audience possible. Google’s Local Service Ads does just that.
As far as proven HVAC marketing ideas are concerned, Google Local Service Ads are among the best. This ad type is only offered in specific areas, and for specific industries, but HVAC is on that list of available industries.
Similar to traditional HVAC ads, Google local services ads appear when a customer searches for a specific term. Because these types of ads can be difficult to set up, we recommend working with a Google partner with experience in the HVAC industry. Once the local services ads are in place, you’ll see just how quickly they become the cornerstone of your local marketing strategy.
When homeowners find that they need an HVAC service, 97% search online to find a contractor. 93% of that 97% start their search on a search engine, like Google. And, when it comes to your online presence on search engines, if you aren’t on the first page, you might as well not be there at all.
Half of all website traffic for HVAC search queries go to the first three organic listings. And, the first of those three results can take up to 95% of that traffic. So, while we can say, all day, that it’s important for your HVAC website to rank well, we feel as if that statistic speaks pretty well for itself.
You need to be the first to show up, not only for brand related search terms, but also for all of the specific services that your HVAC company offers. And, in order to do this, you’ll need to implement a data-driven organic HVAC marketing plan, more specifically, a professional-quality local SEO strategy.
As a leading HVAC internet marketing agency, we’re able to drive those interested users to your website and convert them into paying clients through a host of search engine optimization techniques that are specific to HVAC systems and the industry, as a whole.
Local SEO Strategy for HVAC Companies
Ranking high on a national level for HVAC related terms will benefit your business immensely in the long run. But, this isn’t an easy task. For local businesses who are just starting their HVAC marketing journey, we recommend investing in local SEO services. This means that your HVAC digital marketing efforts will focus on your service area, specifically.
At Digital Logic, we offer the following, as part of our local SEO HVAC marketing package, to ensure that your HVAC business appears on top of Google’s local listings and other map listings:
- Optimize the Google My Business page or pages. Your Google My Business listing is what will power a decent chunk of your local online traffic. To ensure that your Google My Business will generate higher local search rankings, we’ll update photos with alt texts and professional markup, select the accurate primary and secondary business categories, and add NAP that’s consistent across all of the directory listings. This is meant to capture your local service area.
- Conduct extensive keyword research. We utilize HVAC industry-specific keywords that have a higher chance of converting, as a part of your overall content marketing strategy.
- Create specific HVAC service pages. We work with our PPC experts to create separate pages for each of your specific services-answering popular questions and honing in on issues that surround each service, locally.
- Optimize site structure. We’ll make sure that critical parts of your website include the keywords for which we’re trying to rank. This includes optimizing headers, adding meta titles and descriptions to blogs and pages, and incorporating the target keyword for all.
- Include alt descriptions. By adding a text description to your images, this helps those with visual or cognitive impairments. It also helps Google understand how the images on your site and Google Business listing fit within your overall HVAC marketing strategies.
- Resubmit your HVAC website’s XML sitemap to Google Search Console. Anytime we make major changes to your site, we’ll resubmit your sitemap, so that Google will see the changes more quickly, and will give you “credit” for positive changes on your site.
- Ensure your NAP is consistent across local directories. You want your business information to look exactly the same, regardless of what local directories you’re looking at. This means that if your website spells out “Street”, then your directory listings, as well as social media profiles, need to also spell out “Street”, instead of using “St.” The more consistent your NAP is, the more local authority Google will give your website.
- Implement local business schema. This will help Google understand where your HVAC business is, locally. It will then use this information to show your business for local search engine requests.
- Local link building. We’ll reach out to other local vendors in similar but different industries, as well as reach out to industry-level professionals to offer content specific to their niche. This link building technique gives your site more local search engine authority.
HVAC Website Design
Not all HVAC websites are built equally. As a matter of fact, most of the local HVAC sites that we’ve seen haven’t been built well, at all.
An HVAC website is the foundation on which all of your online marketing efforts are built. Besides customer reviews, it may be the single largest factor for those searching for an HVAC company to hire. As with any service industry website, having an outdated, non-responsive or even poorly designed website can be detrimental to your business.
At Digital Logic, all of our HVAC websites are built to rank well on all search engines results pages, and convert more visitors into customers via calls or online form submissions.
Website Development for HVAC Companies
As we’ve mentioned, it’s not enough to just have a website. Now, consumers want a seamless experience when visiting a professional website. Anything less than this will seem “fishy” to potential customers.
Mobile-Responsive HVAC Business Website
Simply having an HVAC website isn’t enough, anymore. Google has considered mobile-friendliness in its list of ranking factors for years, now. And, considering that over 75% of local searches come from mobile devices, this algorithm change wasn’t too far fetched.
What does it mean to be “mobile-friendly”? Pretty simple. Your HVAC customers shouldn’t have to look for important information or zoom in to see your website’s text. They should be able to navigate your website easily, regardless of what type of device they’re searching from.
If you’ve had a website for a while now, your new step should be to enhance your website so that it meets the needs of both desktop and mobile users.
Once a potential customer lands on your website, your site should make it as easy as humanly possible for them to contact your business. For this, we recommend:
- Having a phone number located strategically in your website’s navigation
- Including a contact form that’s located above the fold
- Incorporating a chat bot for potential customers who wish to speak to a customer service representative immediately
HVAC Marketing Strategies: a Professional Website
At Digital Logic, on top of the previously mentioned tactics, our websites are, or include the following:
- Fast. Your website speed does impact your ranking on Google. This especially holds true for mobile devices. Studies show that those looking for HVAC services won’t wait longer than 3 seconds for the website to load, before going to another website.
- Secure. Website security is a talking point for every industry, including the HVAC segment. Having a secure website is also one of Google’s ranking factors. If you’re unsure whether or not your website is secure, just look at the URL. If it begins with HTTPS, instead of HTTP, then your site is secure. Simple as that!
- Optimized for SEO. This incudes creating and integrating content meant to attract new clients and put your HVAC company in the best position for increased traffic on Google, as well as other search engines.
- Customer reviews. By including online reviews on your HVAC company website, this helps build confidence in your brand and supports your online reputation management efforts.
- Optimized user interface. Your potential clients must intuitively understand how to navigate your website. This makes for a much better user experience.
- Service descriptions. In order to better optimize your website for search engine optimization, we include pages and descriptions for all of the HVAC services that your company offers.
A professionally designed website from a leading HVAC marketing agency, like Digital Logic, will improve your overall HVAC digital marketing strategy, help your HVAC company rank better and convert more HVAC leads into new HVAC clients.
HVAC Marketing Strategy FAQs
To the get best results from you online marketing efforts, you’ll want to use a variety of HVAC marketing strategies. These can include: local SEO, PPC advertising for HVAC companies, using HVAC Google Local Service Ads, leveraging online reviews, investing in SEO for HVAC business, publishing great content, building your email marketing list, and investing in YouTube video ads as part of your HVAC marketing strategy.
For the best results, you’ll want to hire an experienced HVAC or plumbing marketing agency.
Growing a small HVAC business can be difficult, so we recommend focusing on your local HVAC audience, improving you sales processes, and customizing your offers by seasons.
Investing in HVAC marketing is the best way to get more customers for your HVAC business. Digital marketing is a great way to get a steady stream of clientele. Whether its through revamping your website, utilizing PPC marketing or Google Local Services Ads, crafting a content marketing strategy, improving your website’s SEO or local SEO, improving and increasing online reviews, improving your social media presence-all of these will improve your online presence.
Having the best HVAC marketing ideas won’t fill up the appointment books, though. You’ve got to take action!
The target market for any air conditioning and heating business includes homeowners, property management agencies, and commercial building owners. You can choose to focus on one of these singularly or all of these, collectively, depending on your location.
While some local customers will want to hire an HVAC company that focuses solely on their respective area, most won’t mind if you service all three of the target markets.
The HVAC sector is huge, and in order to compete, you’ll need to have a successful HVAC marketing campaign to capture the attention of your target audience. The best way to make sure that you’re getting the best return on investment for your HVAC marketing plan is to put your budget towards digital marketing strategies.