In this post, we’ll provide a HoudiniEsq review.
- Complete Case Management: Manage billing, exposure, staff compensation, case budgets, staff calendars, notes, emails, documents, certified mail, workflow, all matter related contracts, and more. Includes built-in triggers and automation features.
- Comprehensive Billing and Invoicing: Provides clear and defensible billing. Bill for edits before invoicing. Central invoicing dashboard with filters, and Outlook integration.
- Record Access Management: Easy management of record access by staff or an entire group.
- Workflow: Use a series of todos and steps to manage workflow and edit. Offer automatic triggers, email and message support, and more.
- Calendaring and Alerts: Rules-based calendaring and scheduling for your full practice. Also accessible through desktop or mobile.
- Client Portal: Share notes, documents, invoices, and more. Provides security for clients. Get paid through LawPay account where clients can view and pay invoices. Allows for the creation of an intake form. Can be accessible by organizational clients for easier initiation of new matters.
- Easy Multi-Tasking: Provides ability to use the HoudiniEsq desktop for reference. Copy data, jumping between files, and cases.
- Client Communication: Send passed-due invoices, trust balance reminders, client statements, invoices, birthday cards.
- Customizable Forms: Edit and add unlimited custom fields. Works with any matter, event, todo, or contact forms.
- Ad-hoc Custom Reports: Offers business and client insight through custom charts, and tables.
- Integration: Connects with Excel, QuickBooks, Office 365, Outlook, LawPay, Word, WordPerfect, Google Docs, Evernote, and BIRT Business Intelligence Reports.
- Search: Provides Houdini Elasticsearch. Supports varied styles of searches of your entire system.
HoudiniEsq Security Evaluation
The HoudiniEsq data center is SSAE16 Type II certified. The data center is connected to the Internet by direct links to Tier-1 networks that include Cogent, Comcast, Equinox, Level3, and Verizon. This allows the fastest possible response times for the cloud services offered. The data center is protected by physical security and IT security that includes 24-hour monitoring by technicians.
HoudiniEsq is Suitable for these Law Firms
HoudiniEsq works well for smaller firms as well as for very large organizations such as Fortune 50/100/500 companies and state governmental agencies.
Special Considerations for HoudiniEsq
HoudiniEsq has a unique new feature that uses Blockchain technology to secure the chain of evidence. Litigation firms benefit from being able to manage exhibits, work with decision trees, and track process flows. The HoudiniEsq dashboard is completely customizable.
- Good time-tracking functions.
- Excellent customer service.
- Support and training at no extra cost.
- Rich features take time to learn.
- User interface seems outdated.
- Occasional glitches caused by automatic upgrades.
HoudiniEsq is made by LogicBit. The HoudiniEsq solution was first offered in 2008. Now, it is used by thousands of independent law firms.
For more legal reviews, check out the following: