In this post, we’ll provide a Time Matters review for legal practice management software.
LexisNexis offers Time Matters for law firms to install on their own servers. Time Matters can be customized for law firms in different practice areas. It is adaptable to create solutions for increased operational efficiency and to improve workflows for better collaboration and information sharing.
Malpractice risk can be reduced because Time Matters automatically maintains a full log record of all activities and history related to each case. Data integrity is preserved by logs showing the tracking of data changes made by each user. Time Matters issues automatic alerts that may be triggered by events or required follow up actions that are needed depending on the area of legal practice.
Time Matters Features:
- Matter Management: Manage important law firm matters with ease.
- Client Management: Keep important client data secure and available across many platforms.
- Calendar: Calendar integration with most major providers.
- Task Management: Task management tools for both attorneys and non-attorney staff.
- Document Management: Secure storage of documents, both in-cloud or on-premise.
- Document Assembly: Use automated tools to arrange relevant client data in many formats.
- Time Tracking: Time tracking tools available to assist with automated billing.
- Billing and Invoicing: Time Matters features allow automated law firm billing management. Reduce time spent and increasing revenues.
- Basic Bookkeeping: Bookkeeping either in-app or integrated with popular software.
Time Matters Security Evaluation
The security of using Time Matters depends on the IT staff of the law firm. Authorized users should use strong account passwords to set up accounts for login. If remote access is allowed, IP restrictions should apply for login attempts.
Suitable for these Law Firms
Time Matters is designed for law firms and legal departments with five to 50 users to help them capture billable hours.
Common tasks and processes can be automated with chains from workflows and triggers based on dates and times. There are six different ways to track time and manage billable hours, which is why this solution excels when compared to other case management systems.
- Customer service is excellent
- Highly customizable.
- Database merge processing features are exceptional.
- Learning curve is steep.
- Upgrades are buggy when first released.
- Searching is slow.
About Time Matters Legal Practice Managment Software
Time Matters is made by LexisNexis. LexisNexis is a major international corporation that started in 1970. The company’s headquarters is in New York City, New York.
For more legal reviews, check out the following: