In this post, we’ll provide a ZolaSuite review for legal practices.
- Billing and Accounting: Provides ten ways to create time entries and custom invoices. Also get real-time reports on the firm’s practice without needing to rely on integrations. It offers built-in accounting as well as QuickBooks integration.
- Task Management: Manage tasks and workflows with easier delegation to team members.
- Built-in Email: Manage all case-related emails. Use automatic email filing and automatic billing while messaging. Find case-related contacts with the SmartSuggest system.
- Built-in E-Signature: Provides email encryption, e-signing options, and court-admissible proof of delivery.
- Document Management: Keep documents organized and sorted. Get e-signatures. Know where to find all case-related documents at all times.
- Document Automation: Make use of a library of standard forms no matter what form of law you practice. There are also customizable forms. Automatic population of names, addresses, and other related information.
- Client Portal: Use Caseway client portal to secure shared information with clients. Allow them to share documents with you. Edit or add shared documents to the related matter in an easy way.
- Calendar: A case-centered calendaring system usable and viewable on the go. Provides color-coded custom categories based on type of event as well. Allows a firm-wide calendar and also integrates with Google, Outlook, and Office 365.
- Matter Management: Manage all case and client related information based on matter. Allows access restrictions, custom fields, document automation, audit trail logging, and more.
- Contact Management: Track clients, prospects, witnesses, opposing counsel, referrals, and more. Offers a filterable and searchable contact management system.
- Notes Organizer: Make notes based on matter with custom formatting. This includes bullets, anchors, and links. Notes are searchable through a folder system for easy organization.
- Reports and Analytics: Get reports on referrals, general ledger, account statements, originating attorneys, profit and loss, billable hours vs actual hours, unpaid invoices, and more.
- Integrations: Integrates with Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, IMAP, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Word.
ZolaSuite Security Evaluation
ZolaSuite is hosted on Amazon Web Server (AWS) platform. The AWS system has the security certification standards of SOC 1/ISAE 3402, SOC 2, and SOC 3, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS. It is also HIPAA compliant for the storage of medical records.
Protection of documents and data is enhanced by using Identity and Access Management roles. These roles are restricted to a specific region for an AWS service and when needed are replicated across available zones for different geographic areas within the United States in order to create daily backups that are stored in redundant locations.
Security audits are conducted every day to probe for a system or network vulnerabilities and penetration routes as well as any risks caused by applications. These automatic security audits are conducted by third-party companies who use ethical hackers to try to defeat security measures.
Advanced encryption is used for data at rest that is extremely robust with a 2048-bit process that uses a randomly generated cryptographic key. When data is in transit the system uses military-grade 256-bit encryption over SSL to prevent digital eavesdropping and misuse of the information by unauthorized persons. This ensures data is safe even when accessing the system with a public, non-secure WiFi connection.
Countermeasures are in place for brute force attack attempts that use a dictionary of all words and commonly used passwords in an attempt to break into the system. Unusual multiple login attempts are identified by the system and prevented by the firewall and the application level security system.
Security policies are designed to protect the integrity and privacy of data that include two-factor authentication for logins by new users and strict password requirements that make users create strong passwords
Suitable for these Law Firms
ZolaSuite was designed to be suitable for law firms of all sizes.
Special Considerations for ZolaSuite
ZolaSuite excels with its built-in email capabilities to connect to an existing email account and automatically associates any matter-related contacts and files to the relevant case. Emails can be converted to tasks with one click. Time tracking is automatic when creating emails. Documents can be easily emailed from the ZolaSuite system or from a computer hard drive of an authorized user.
- Email integration that is very useful.
- Robust trust accounting.
- Good billing system.
- Due dates cannot be assigned to subtasks only the entire task as a whole.
- Frequent updates may slow down processing time.
- Lacks sufficient form templates when compared to other case management solutions.
ZolaSuite was founded by Fred J. Cohen, Esq. who is an attorney and who serves as the CEO and Chief Product Architect for the company. ZolaSuite was designed to super charge law firms with the best-in-class case management capabilities. The company’s headquarters is in Port Washington, New York.
For more legal reviews, check out the following: