In this post, we’ll provide a Rocket Matter Review for legal firms.
Rocket Matter is a comprehensive case and practice management cloud-based system that is accessible from anywhere. Since its beginning in 2008, the company continued to improve the service with added phone messages capability, unlimited document storage, document assembly from templates with filled in client data, and trust accounting. Rocket Matter now offers a mobile iPhone app.
The Rocket Matter system is fully integrated with Dropbox and Evernote. The time tracking and billing work well for attorneys that use LEDES 98 billing and ABA Task Codes. Rocket Matter’s goal was to make a 30-minute monthly billing process a reality.
Rocket Matter upgrades happen automatically with no user input required. Training and technical support include eBooks, webinars and a company blog about legal productivity that gives attorneys helpful tips on how to make their law practice run more efficiently and become more profitable.
Rocket Matter Features:
- Time and Billing: Track all billable time and invoices. Offer clients the option of instant credit card payments and more.
- Workflow: Streamline workflows with customizable matter templates. Easy viewing of case matter, wireless document importing, task and milestone setting. Calculate calendar rules with LawToolBox integration.
- Matter Management: Organize matters with a customizable dashboard. Calendar management, easy content creation like events and contacts, with powerful reporting.
- Billing: Create automated payment plans, use recurring billing, calculate interest and discounts. Cover convenience fees or incidentals.
- Integrations: Integrates with Office 365, QuickBooks Online, Outlook, and more.
Rocket Matter Security Evaluation
Rocket Matter was instrumental in the creation of cloud-based security standards for the legal industry. The company helped form the Legal Cloud Computing Association (LCCA) to create standards of good practice to be followed by companies offering cloud-based case and practice management systems.
Rocket Matter follows all LCCA security standards, which are very comprehensive and include:
- Disclosure of where data is stored geographically with data centers in multiple locations for redundancy in the case of a natural disaster and restricting data movement to remain in the United States.
- Certifications of Type 2 SOC 2, ISO 27001, and ISO 27018.
- Strong encryption is used to protect data from unauthorized access, copying, unauthorized modifications, or other cyber attacks to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Regular IT security testing for vulnerabilities, security flaws, known database flaws, and occurrences of flaws that are discovered.
- Ongoing penetration testing to simulate cyber attacks by unauthorized users.
- Programming code analysis on a systemic basis to discover errors in software code that creates vulnerabilities. The goal is to find errors early in the development cycle so that they can be fixed before the software is fully deployed.
- Dynamic code analysis to see how the program performs during execution that monitors system memory use, functional behaviors, response times, and overall system performance.
- Access limitation to prevent a third-party being able to misuse the confidential data of clients.
- Regular backups made for data retention to allow re-boots if the data is corrupted or the system is compromised.
- User access controls to set user permissions. Multi-factor authentication procedures with strong password requirements for users combined with device authentication. Easy suspension of user accounts when desired.
- Tracking of users with the maintenance of detailed audit logs for system use.
- Users should be able to retrieve their own data in a non-proprietary format and be able to restore data that is deleted by accident, within a reasonable amount of time.
Suitable for these Law FirmsRocket Matter can be used by solo practitioners as well as small and medium-sized law firms up to 100 users.
Rocket Matter Special Considerations
Mac users will appreciate this software because in the beginning it was designed specifically for attorneys that used Macs, iPads, and iPhones. PC users are supported as well, and now Rocket Matter is used by both Mac- and PC-based attorneys.
- Very intuitive easy-to-use interface
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to add tags to matters that makes tracking cases and searching the database easier.
- System may run slowly depending on a user’s high-speed access to the Internet.
- Needs improvement in customizable reports.
- Needs more useful flexibility in billing to summarize billing for clients with more than one matter and matters that involve more than one client.
About Rocket Matter
Rocket Matter was founded in 2008. The company was the first to offer a cloud-based case and practice management solution for law firms. The company has thousands of users from all over the world. The company’s headquarters is located in Boca Raton, Florida.
For more legal reviews, check out the following: