In this post, we’ll provide a Practice Panther review for law firm management software.
- Contacts and Matters: Keep all contact and matter information. Keep addresses, emails, notes, tasks, events, names, numbers, and payments secure and organized.
- Tasks, Events, and Workflows: Create tasks and workflows to delegate to team members.
- Document Management: Create and manage important client and case documents. Then view them at any time from any device.
- Intake Forms: Provides unlimited intake forms you can create with a drag and drop editor. The forms can then populate with relevant client and case information.
- Client Portal: Share and manage client interactions through the secure client portal.
- Notifications and Chat: Keep updated on everything from client payments to team activity. Everywhere access and notifications.
- Trust Accounting and Reports: Track trust account balances. Request and accept retainer payments for every client and matter.
- Invoicing: Generate legal invoices and sent them out.
- Time Tracking: Track every billable expense and all billable time. Access from anywhere, at any time.
- Credit Card Processing: Receive payments to PantherPayments. Powered by LawPay, and meets IOLTA guidelines.
- Calendar and Emails: Merge legal calendars and emails into one place. Integrates with and syncs with Google Calendar, Outlook, Exchange, iCal, or your phone.
- Integrations: Provides integrations with Zapier, QuickBooks, Dropbox, MailChimp, box, PayPal, and Authorize.net.
Security Evaluation for PracticePanther
All transmitted data is secured by military-grade 256-bit SSL encryption. The PracticePanther system is HIPAA compliant for the secured storage of medical records that is powered by the system integration with the online storage system called Box. IP address logins are restricted to allow only known, authorized users to have access to the system.
Custom security settings are managed by assigning access roles to each user that permit or restrict access to the different parts of the system and may restrict the ability to update or change files. System backups are automatically performed in real time and stored in multiple geo-redundant locations on servers hosted by Microsoft Azure data centers. If a law firm wants to download a full backup copy of the law firm’s files, everything can be exported as a backup copy in Excel with a single click.
PracticePanther is Suitable for these Law Firms
PracticePanther is used by solo practitioners, small firms, medium-sized firms, major law firms, and large organizations with substantial legal departments. The system is designed to be a comprehensive solution for just a single lawyer or few attorneys and to easily scale up to be used by an unlimited amount of users.
Special Considerations for PracticePanther
A free trial is offered that does not require a credit card to register for a new account. Multiple foreign languages are supported. PracticePanther is currently available in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish with other languages available upon request.
- Easy to use, intuitive, interface.
- Client portal and CRM system is very good.
- Customer service is excellent.
- Email integration needs improvement. There is no batch entry system or ability to copy/paste emails into a client’s case file. Each email needs to be forwarded separately to be entered into the system.
- Pre-billing summaries are not easy to create.
- Flat-billing option needs improvement.
About PracticePanther Law Practice Management Software
PracticePanther was created by two attorneys to make a system that was so easy and intuitive to use that it required virtually no training and gave lawyers access to case and practice management tools from anywhere. The company started in November 2012 and opened its first office in April 2013 in Miami, Florida. The company’s headquarters is now in Wilmington, Delaware.
For more legal reviews, check out the following: